Saturday, February 25, 2012

Certification: Looking for advise

Hi All

I have been working with Ms access Database the last four years and have gained a lot of experience which help me to have extensive knowledge of Jet, Dao and Ado. Since The Begining of this year i hv been migrating to SQL server server and for that i bought two books :Programming Access project file with Microsoft Sql server and Access Developers Guide to Ms sql server : Chipman & Baron ( this oner is simply a great achievement ). They help me out in the very near past to complety migrate a two database approch Jet Application to a reliable (Adp/ SQL Server client server ) where major parts of the code business logic has been transfered to run on the server as stored procedures and all forms re-built as unbound. these merely leads to a great enhancement of the applications.

My goal now is register to MCDBA and get the certification. I am not interested by classroom training from Microsoft Parterns or online training. I am looking for books that can help to get well prepared for the exams.

Have found this two books in Amazon:

1 - MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation, Exam 70-229, Second Edition

2- MCSA/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 System Administration, 70-228, Second Edition

However their rating didn't encourage me to place directly my orders.

Does someone have any experience with them ?

Do you think they will considerably help me to add value to my knowledge of SQL Server and get ready for the exam ?

Do you know some others books you woul rather encourage me to buy ?

Any advice in this regards really appreciated.Transcender

www.transcender.com

Regards,

hmscott|||The MS Press books are not the best for learning. Try the Que or Sybex books for learning the material while preparing for certification. Make sure you get hands-on experience with all the examples and labs as you read the books. Use Transcender after reading the books to assess your readiness to take the test. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment