Friday, February 24, 2012

Cell Drillthrough in Reporting Services 2005

Hi,

I’ve build a report in reporting services 2005, based on a MOLAP cube (Analysis Services 2005). In the cube I’ve enabled drillthrough.

I know that we can define drillthrough in the report by clicking on one of the members of the dimension hierarchy, but that’s not what I want. I want to be able to drillthrough on a cell. Is there any way how to do that in Reporting Services 2005?

Thanks,

AbdelSSAS actions are not carried to SSRS reports. One workaround is to create a drillthrough report which gets the context from the master report and executes the DRILLTHROUGH MDX query.|||

Hi Abdel ,

You have written U know how to define a drillthrough in the report by clicking on one of the members of the dimension hierarchy . can you please tell me how we will do that ?

I am trying to make a drillthrough report ,can you please give me a step by step process for enabling drill through in the reports .

I want to jump to a child report & pass the parameters of the parent report to the child report , I am able to get the parameters value in the child report ,but not able to use those values in the dataset query of the child report .

can you please tell me if this is possible or not ? & if yes how ?

Thanks

Rashmi

|||Please note the the original question was asking about a drillthrough action in the cube. If you just want the user to drilll through to another report, you can use the SSRS navigation feature. To do so, right-click on the textbox which will be use for drillthrough and choose Properties. Then go to the Navigation tab and use the Jump to Report feature. Note that that if the second report will retrieve data from the cube as well, you need to pass the parameters in the required format, e.g.; [Date].[Date].&[20070523]

No comments:

Post a Comment