Saturday, February 25, 2012

Certification

Hi All,
This post isn't particularly directly related to the Group but I
thought I would get some opinions.
I use SQL Server 2000 on a daily basis - both administering &
programming, coupled with VB6 client applications. I am currently
learning VB .NET
I am thinking about getting some kind of certification as I learn VB
.NET. I have been looking at the MCAD track on the Microsoft site. At
my current programming level this seems to be a good starting point. I
passed Exam 70-229 last year, which counts as an elective exam towards
the MCAD certification.
Does anyone have any advice/opinions for my current situation.
I am aware that there is the MCSD certification, however, I was
planning to tackle that one a bit later - see how I get on with the
MCAD first?
Thanks in advance for any comments.
BarryMicrosoft is in the process of rolling out new exams and certifications:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
"Barry" <barry.oconnor@.singers.co.im> wrote in message
news:1139511623.548378.271810@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi All,
> This post isn't particularly directly related to the Group but I
> thought I would get some opinions.
> I use SQL Server 2000 on a daily basis - both administering &
> programming, coupled with VB6 client applications. I am currently
> learning VB .NET
> I am thinking about getting some kind of certification as I learn VB
> .NET. I have been looking at the MCAD track on the Microsoft site. At
> my current programming level this seems to be a good starting point. I
> passed Exam 70-229 last year, which counts as an elective exam towards
> the MCAD certification.
> Does anyone have any advice/opinions for my current situation.
> I am aware that there is the MCSD certification, however, I was
> planning to tackle that one a bit later - see how I get on with the
> MCAD first?
> Thanks in advance for any comments.
> Barry
>

No comments:

Post a Comment