Friday, February 24, 2012

CE DB requires SQL Express install on client machines?

I'm working on a C# 2008 project, when i add a CE Database to it, then publish the app, the installer wants to download and install the entire SQL Server Express product on the client machines. My understanding is that I should be able to embed this database right into the app, but it defeats the purpose to have the installer download and install the entire express product (the actual project is 1 meg).

Is this expected behavior? or am I doing something wrong?

SQL Express is NOT required for SQL Compact projects. You must have a reference to a .mdf file or similar in your project that triggers this requirement.|||

I checked the prerequisite tab and sql express isnt even checked, i'll investigate further

No comments:

Post a Comment