Saturday, February 25, 2012

Centura-Gupta 1.5 and Windows XP

Good day,
We recently change our PC's to Windows XP. I reinstalled all of my application programs including Centura. This is a quite an old version (95/NT), but is the only one we are going to work with for now.
Every time I try to run the program, the Windows Installer popup window comes up. I have installed and reinstalled the program several times, even from backups.
How can I make XP to install a workable program? I already tried the compatibility thing. Every time I uninstall the program I clear all registries, links, anything I can think of.
Thank you.
Is this the old Gupta SQLWindows product? You might have more luck asking
the folks that wrote it, http://www.centurasoft.com/.
Sincerely,
Stephen Dybing
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"M. Garcia" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F83BAB58-9C0E-4909-9E4B-9F6B72799963@.microsoft.com...
> Good day,
> We recently change our PC's to Windows XP. I reinstalled all of my
application programs including Centura. This is a quite an old version
(95/NT), but is the only one we are going to work with for now.
> Every time I try to run the program, the Windows Installer popup window
comes up. I have installed and reinstalled the program several times, even
from backups.
> How can I make XP to install a workable program? I already tried the
compatibility thing. Every time I uninstall the program I clear all
registries, links, anything I can think of.
> Thank you.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment