Friday, February 24, 2012

cdosysmail with attachment

With cdosysmail I have gotten my code to work to programatically send emails
out as HTML.
Does anyone know how to tweak the standard CDO example to send the query
results as an attachment?
thanksI strongly, strongly, strongly urge you to use xp_smtp_sendmail instead of
cdo. See http://www.aspfaq.com/2403 (which incidentally does have a sample
of using CDO to send an attachment, but please read my first sentence
again).
A
"26point2er" <26point2er@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D8D7CBB4-2174-4F79-B94D-18520BC6B060@.microsoft.com...
> With cdosysmail I have gotten my code to work to programatically send
> emails
> out as HTML.
> Does anyone know how to tweak the standard CDO example to send the query
> results as an attachment?
> thanks
>|||Thank you for the input. I will post my results here.
"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" wrote:

> I strongly, strongly, strongly urge you to use xp_smtp_sendmail instead of
> cdo. See http://www.aspfaq.com/2403 (which incidentally does have a sampl
e
> of using CDO to send an attachment, but please read my first sentence
> again).
> A
>
>
> "26point2er" <26point2er@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D8D7CBB4-2174-4F79-B94D-18520BC6B060@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment