Thursday, March 8, 2012

Change an instance of SQL Server 2005

Hi All,

I have two drive, C and D. When first time I installed SQL Server 2005, I think that I point to C drive which is having only 10 GB, instead of drive D which has bigger space. Now, I have a problem of restoring my database due to lack of space on my C drive. Can anyone guide me to change the instance of database from drive C to drive D.

TIA

I am afraid you want to move data from C: to D: .

Stop sqlserver and move your data file from C: to D: .Default data file locates in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA

Start sql server and delete old database and right Databases ->choose attach ->choose add and select data file on D: ->click ok to finish.

Hope it helps.

|||Or simply sepecify a new location on D drive when restoring the database, just make sure the "Overwrite the existing database" option is checked.|||Thank you guys. It works and I don't have not enough space problem anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment