Tuesday, March 27, 2012

change home and data directories

I'm planning to establish a recovery plan for my SQLServer 2000
databases. How to change home and data directories?I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'home and data directories'.
Usually, a DR recovery step includes either restoring the entire OS onto
identical hardware or reinstalling SQL Server. In the latter case, you can
specify the SQL Server installation and file paths.

You can restore from SQL Server database and transaction log backups to the
location of you choice after the server is prepared.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP

"hazly" <s_hazly@.oritech.com.my> wrote in message
news:1136944906.075848.37120@.z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> I'm planning to establish a recovery plan for my SQLServer 2000
> databases. How to change home and data directories?|||The default one can be changed within:

HKLM\Software\microsoft\MSSQLServer\Setup\SQLDataR oot

Is it that what you meant ?

Other location can be obtained here:

http://www.sqldev.net/misc/SQLLocationFunctions.htm

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.|||Thank you for your reply

No comments:

Post a Comment