Sunday, March 25, 2012

Change Drive Location for Log Files.

Hello,
I am attempting to change the location of the log files for one of the
default SQL instance, every time I click on the ... button under Properties
of the instance/Database settings/default log directory, I only receive the
single drive that the SQL Server instance was installed on, and not any of
the other active drives. Anyone have thoughts or instructions on this for me?
Thanks,
Jeremey
I take you have an additional drive which has been added to the MSCS
configuration as Physical Disk
If so then you must also take the SQLServer resource off-line and add a
dependency to the logs physical disk resource and bring sql server back
on-line. Then you'll be able to see the new disk on the Database Setting
property page.
Nik Marshall-Blank MCSD/MCDBA
"Jeremey" <Jeremey@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B9C72029-3D58-4486-B485-AE649DCC6E81@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I am attempting to change the location of the log files for one of the
> default SQL instance, every time I click on the ... button under
> Properties
> of the instance/Database settings/default log directory, I only receive
> the
> single drive that the SQL Server instance was installed on, and not any of
> the other active drives. Anyone have thoughts or instructions on this for
> me?
> Thanks,
> Jeremey
|||That was the problem.
Thanks,
Jeremey
"Nik Marshall-Blank" wrote:

> I take you have an additional drive which has been added to the MSCS
> configuration as Physical Disk
> If so then you must also take the SQLServer resource off-line and add a
> dependency to the logs physical disk resource and bring sql server back
> on-line. Then you'll be able to see the new disk on the Database Setting
> property page.
> --
> Nik Marshall-Blank MCSD/MCDBA
> "Jeremey" <Jeremey@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B9C72029-3D58-4486-B485-AE649DCC6E81@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment