Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change Header of Report?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to SQL Reporting Services so my question might be a little silly. Tongue Tied

I was wondering, if it was possible to change the toolbar of a report. The only thing I found to change there, is the sorting and filter dropdowns. But other than that, is there a way to add my own controls like a Commandbutton? If not, is it possible to remove certain things from the toolbar like the print icon?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Nat

If you are using Report Manager, you cannot change the toolbar of the report viewer. If you are using the new ReportViewer controls (included in Visual Studio 2005) in your application, you can remove buttons from the toolbar. However, you cannot add things to the toolbar. You could have your own toolbar along with the report viewer.

|||Hi Brian,
Thanks for your answer and I apologize for the big delay in answering.
I tried the ReportViewer control in VS 2005. I set the Report Server URL and the Report Path but I keep getting the error: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
As I said, I'm all new to this so I have no idea where to search for this error.

Thanks again for your answers in advance.

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment