Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change image properties at runtime

Hi,
I'm using Reporting Services for SQL2K. My report will need to dynamically
call a custom assembly for each row in a dataset, and then show the image
file that the custom assembly creates. I was thinking of using an Image
control in the report and then changing the path to the image file at
runtime. But I can not figure out how to access the image1.Value property.
Any tips on this or perhaps an alternative solution?
TIA
JonasI found the answer, and it was very easy ;-)
When the control is selected in the Report Designer, it it possible to edit
the properties as usual. The property for Value can also use an Expression,
and voila, this can point to a variable which contains a dynamically created
path.
Brgds
Jonas
"Jonas" <Jonas@.nospam.pl> wrote in message
news:%23z53z3cHGHA.240@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I'm using Reporting Services for SQL2K. My report will need to dynamically
> call a custom assembly for each row in a dataset, and then show the image
> file that the custom assembly creates. I was thinking of using an Image
> control in the report and then changing the path to the image file at
> runtime. But I can not figure out how to access the image1.Value property.
> Any tips on this or perhaps an alternative solution?
> TIA
> Jonas
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment