Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change in legend of chart based on values?

I am developing a chart with type as column and subtype as stacked. The values (different columns from my dataset) are shown as series in the chart. If I have an entire column with no values, nothing in shown in the graph but the column name comes in the legend. I do not want to show the particular column in legend if all the values in that column are 0 or null. Is it possible through an expression or any other way?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance !!!

If you use a dynamic series grouping in the chart and you want to get rid of a particular series grouping instance, you could use a filter expression on the series grouping, e.g.
Filter expression: =Sum(Fields!Name.Value, "DynamicSeriesGroupingName")
Filter operator: >
Filter value: =0

Again, the filter approach will only work in the case of dynamic series groupings.

-- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment