Tuesday, March 27, 2012

change grouping at runtime

I have a report with a large result set that can be grouped multiple ways.
Is there a way to give a user the option to change the grouping level at
runtime. For example if my data was grouped like this:
A
B
C
C
B
C
C
But instead of seeing the grouping broken up by "B", the user wants to view
the data without the "B" groups. They could have a drop-down list or
something that lets them switch it to be:
A
C
C
C
C
Hope this makes sense and someone has an idea.
--
Patrick StadlerHi,
I have the same functionality in some of my reports and what I end-up doing
is create a grouping parameter for my reports and use this parameter.value to
group my data within my report table ...
HTH,
Eric
"Stads" wrote:
> I have a report with a large result set that can be grouped multiple ways.
> Is there a way to give a user the option to change the grouping level at
> runtime. For example if my data was grouped like this:
> A
> B
> C
> C
> B
> C
> C
> But instead of seeing the grouping broken up by "B", the user wants to view
> the data without the "B" groups. They could have a drop-down list or
> something that lets them switch it to be:
> A
> C
> C
> C
> C
> Hope this makes sense and someone has an idea.
> --
> Patrick Stadlersql

No comments:

Post a Comment