Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change in 'sa' password, scheduled jobs failing

Hi all,
I have never come across this one before. I recently changed the 'sa' passw
ord. Now all of my scheduled jobs are failing with the error:
DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147217843 (80040E4D); Provider Error: 18
456 (4818) Error string: Login failed for user 'sa'. Error source
: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help cont
ext: 0. Process Exit Code
1. The step failed.
I strange thing is that the 'sa' password is not referenced in any connectio
n in any of my DTS Packages. Can anyone shed some light on this. I have hu
ndreds of scheduled jobs and I don't want to have to recreate them all. Tha
nks.The sa login and password are likely referenced in the
DTSRun command for the job. One common scenario for this is
when you have Enterprise Manager registered using the sa
login and you right click on the package, select Schedule
Package, this will create an encrypted DTSRun command in the
job's schedule which uses sa as that's what you would
currently be logged in as through Enterprise Manager.
I can't think of a fast way to redo hundreds of these.
Seems a better idea to have the packages run using trusted
connections via the service account instead.
-Sue
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:56:02 -0700, "Greg"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have never come across this one before. I recently changed the 'sa' pass
word. Now all of my scheduled jobs are failing with the error:
>DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147217843 (80040E4D); Provider Error: 18456 (48
18) Error string: Login failed for user 'sa'. Error source: Microsoft OL
E DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0. Process Exit
Cod
e 1. The step failed.
>I strange thing is that the 'sa' password is not referenced in any connection in an
y of my DTS Packages. Can anyone shed some light on this. I have hundreds of sched
uled jobs and I don't want to have to recreate them all. Thanks.|||Are you referring to the SQL Server Agent jobs that are no longer working?
If so, try changing the "owner" of each job to one that has proper access
permissions.
Steve
"Greg" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E0D9E05D-45F8-4312-A9B5-2E99E0D3BFA0@.microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
> I have never come across this one before. I recently changed the 'sa'
password. Now all of my scheduled jobs are failing with the error:
> DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147217843 (80040E4D); Provider Error:
18456 (4818) Error string: Login failed for user 'sa'. Error
source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file:
Help context: 0. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.
> I strange thing is that the 'sa' password is not referenced in any
connection in any of my DTS Packages. Can anyone shed some light on this.
I have hundreds of scheduled jobs and I don't want to have to recreate them
all. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment