Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change in connection string

I have a SSIS Package which I developed on my own my database server.

But now the package is to deployed on 3-4 different computers pointing it to different databases.

I do not want to change the connection string for each and every instance because in future there may be more number of instances running.

I tried using the Configuration file and add that file in to the configuration window but that also did not work.

Please can anybody help me?
We're going to need more information here... You said you tried using a configuration file, "but that also did not work."

How did you set it up? What exactly happened that "did not work"? If running locally for testing, you'll have to get out of the package and reopen it for it to pick up the new configuration if that makes a difference.|||

Phil Brammer wrote:

We're going to need more information here... You said you tried using a configuration file, "but that also did not work."

How did you set it up? What exactly happened that "did not work"? If running locally for testing, you'll have to get out of the package and reopen it for it to pick up the new configuration if that makes a difference.

[Apologies for jumping in on this thread. If I get a reply then I'll delete it later.]

Phil,

Please could you email me - (jamieDOTthomsonATconchangoDOTcom). Just got something I want to ask you offline.

thanks

Jamie

|||I have file named dbConfig.dtsConfig. It had the following code in it

<DTSConfiguration>
<Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Connections[SERVERNAMEdbname].Properties[ConnectionString]" ValueType="String">
<ConfiguredValue>Data Source=Av-int-sj-db01\instance_b;Initial Catalog=AvaTaxAccount;User ID=avaservice;password=kennwort.2005;Provider=SQLNCLI.1;Persist Security Info=True;Auto Translate=False</ConfiguredValue>
</Configuration>
</DTSConfiguration>

While I double click the package exe the Execute Package Utility pop ups and in that I select the configuration option and add the above file in it.

Then try executing the package. Its gives an error message of the login not found.

Is this the right way to change the connection string while executing the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment