Thursday, March 8, 2012

Change background color on toggle

I have a report with a table, four columns. I added a second row to the
table and inserted a subreport. The subreport's ToggleItem is the first
column in the first detail row of the table. When I toggle a row to display
the subreport, I'd like to change the background color of the row. I can't
seem to get a reference to the ToggleState of the Textbox, or the Visibility
of the subreport. Any ideas?
--
KenHi Ken,
Thank you for your posting!
Based on my research, we could not get the reference to the Visibility of a
report item or the togglestate of a textbox.
Unfortunately, I could not found a workaround now.
To provide your feedback directly to the product groups:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||There is an example on www.msbicentral.com called
ConditionalGroupBkgrdColor.rdl. It is in the downloads section for Reporting
Services Reports. Its description is:
This report demonstrates how to change a group's background color when it is
toggled to show its children. The key areas to focus on are the rectangles
and their children. Note the use of a toggle textbox, visible textbox, and a
hidden textbox.
You'll have to register(free) to download it. This might be what you are
looking for.
--
Wayne Snyder MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
I support the Professional Association for SQL Server ( PASS) and it''s
community of SQL Professionals.
"GopherGold" wrote:
> I have a report with a table, four columns. I added a second row to the
> table and inserted a subreport. The subreport's ToggleItem is the first
> column in the first detail row of the table. When I toggle a row to display
> the subreport, I'd like to change the background color of the row. I can't
> seem to get a reference to the ToggleState of the Textbox, or the Visibility
> of the subreport. Any ideas?
> --
> Ken|||Thanks, Wayne. I'm using RS2005. When I open the rdl file, I'm asked to
convert it, leading me to believe that this was done for RS2000. Is that
correct? After converting it, something must have broken, because in preview
mode the groups don't toggle.
--
Ken
"Wayne Snyder" wrote:
> There is an example on www.msbicentral.com called
> ConditionalGroupBkgrdColor.rdl. It is in the downloads section for Reporting
> Services Reports. Its description is:
> This report demonstrates how to change a group's background color when it is
> toggled to show its children. The key areas to focus on are the rectangles
> and their children. Note the use of a toggle textbox, visible textbox, and a
> hidden textbox.
> You'll have to register(free) to download it. This might be what you are
> looking for.
> --
> Wayne Snyder MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
> Mariner, Charlotte, NC
> I support the Professional Association for SQL Server ( PASS) and it''s
> community of SQL Professionals.
>
> "GopherGold" wrote:
> > I have a report with a table, four columns. I added a second row to the
> > table and inserted a subreport. The subreport's ToggleItem is the first
> > column in the first detail row of the table. When I toggle a row to display
> > the subreport, I'd like to change the background color of the row. I can't
> > seem to get a reference to the ToggleState of the Textbox, or the Visibility
> > of the subreport. Any ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Ken|||Hi Ken,
Please try to find the ToggleTextBox and modify the width to 0.3 in. Then
you could see the (+) mark and you could toggle the group.
Thanks for Wayne's great help!
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Hi Ken,
Have you tried the suggestion? Please let me know if you need any help on
this issue. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment